Pre-, Post Actions, and Backup Chains
Manage Backup allows to configure actions that can be executed before and after backup plan runs.
Pre / post actions are supported:
- For all backup plan types in Management Console
- For Backup Agent for Windows
- For file-level backup plan Backup Agent for macOS&Linux.
Pre- and Post- Actions
Pre-action implies a particular script or command execution before a backup plan runs. The pre-action execution is conditional. The following options are available:
- Exit backup plan if a pre-action failed
- Continue to a backup plan regardless of the pre-action execution result
Post-action implies a particular script or command execution after a backup completes. The post-action execution is also conditional. The following options are available:
- Execute post-action if backup plan has completed with success
- Execute post-action regardless of a backup plan.
The Backup chain option allows to run another plan after the configured plan is completes. The chained plan run is conditional. The following options are available:
- Execute the chained plan only if the given plan has completed with success
- Execute the chained plan regardless of the given plan result.
Configure Pre/Post Actions or Chain Backup
Pre / Post Actions is a section in plan wizards with the following options: