Deploying Backup Agents Using ConnectWise Automate
ConnectWise Automate is the industry-leading IT automation software providing users with the automation feature of any IT task to improve customers' IT services. This find an in-depth tutorial that explains at length how you can perform automated remote deployment, and configuration of our backup agent.
Before using ConnectWise intergation, make sure that hardware meets the following requirements:
- Windows 7 or later
- .NET 4.0
- Automate Control Center 10.5 or higher
- HTTPS connectivity to an Automate server.
This chapter covers the following topics:
- Further Options.
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Downloads menu, select the Downloads item.
- In the side panel, click Get More.
- Select Windows Backup check box, then click OK.
- Wait for as the requested build is ready.
- Once the build is ready, click Make public.
- Right-click the build link, then select Copy Link Address.
Create New Script
- Run Automate Control Center.
- Open the View Scripts page, then click +.
- To add a new Then statement, right-click, then select Add.
- Add five statements to download, install, then activate Backup Agent for Windows. To learn deployment basics, refer to the Command Line Interface section.
- Create C:\BackupABC folder to save the Backup Agent. You can skip this step and select any existing folder.
- Download Backup Agent.
- Function — File Download URL
- URL — the build's link copied earlier
- Local File — path to the download destination.
- Function — PowerShell Command as Admin
- Command — "build_location\build_name.exe -ArgumentList “/S”"
- Function — Console Shell
- Command — "C:\Program Files (x86)\Company ABC\Backup ABC\cbb.exe" option -edition edition_name"
- edition name — could be on of the following options:
- desktop - Regular license
- baremetal - Image Based Backup license
- mssql - SQL License
- msexchange - Exchange License
- mssqlexchange - SQL + Exchange License
- ultimate — Ultimate backup license
Note that the directory may vary depending on the architecture of your operating system.>
- Function — Console Shell
- Command — C:\Program Files (x86)\Company ABC\Backup ABC\cbb.exe" addAccount -e UserName -p PassWord
Once Managed Backup is integrated with ConnectWise Automate, the following steps are available:
- Include an additional “Console Shell” command. Refer to the list of available cbb.exe commands in the appropriate chapter
- Once the script is created, it can be deployed to a customers' computers in the Browse section. To do this:
- right click, select Script > Script name, then select Schedule once and click OK)
- Configure Managed Backup Remote Deploy Service to distribute default plans and configurations.