Image-Based Backup in Backup Agent (legacy backup format)
You can manage backup plans straight on your users' computers in the installed Backup Agent instance.
Image-Based Backup Plan on User Computer
- Run Backup Agent.
- Click the Image Based icon.
- Select cloud storage to store your image-based backups.
- Specify the name for the backup plan.
- Select partitions to back up.
In case you need to back up a BitLocker-encrypted disk volume, unlock a BitLocker-encrypted drive to enable to back it up.
In image-based plans, the Backup Wizard provides the "Keep BitLocker" option:
- When this option is enabled, the drive is backed up as is, with BitLocker encryption preserved. As a result, you will not be able to restore individual files from an encrypted volume afterward. BitLocker encryption will be preserved for a disk image restored from such a backup.
- When this option is disabled, the backup service will decrypt the volume contents during the backup processing. A disk volume copy restored from this backup will not be encrypted as a result. This enables you to restore individual files from an unencrypted image-based backup.
- Select files/folders you want to exclude and specify advanced options.
- Ignore bad sectors. Enable this option to allow the recovery process to complete after encountering any damaged sectors on a local storage drive. After restoring such a volume, bad sectors will become empty sectors and you will not be able to read any files that were allocated in bad sectors.
- Disable VSS, use direct access to NTFS volume Disables Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS), which may be required when a disk is not used for writing operations and has not enough space to create a VSS snapshot (typically, this is the case with system volumes).
- Use system VSS provider. This option forces MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup to use the system default VSS provider. Select this check box in case of the presence of any third-party VSS providers installed on the system that may interfere with the proper processing of VSS snapshots by MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup.
- Prefetch block count. Specifies the maximum number of blocks that MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup can store in memory for each disk volume.
- Specify encryption and compression options for your backup plan.
- Specify the retention policy settings.
- Specify the schedule for the backup plan.
- Specify pre/post actions.
Starting from Management Console version 5.0, pre- or post- actions for Backup Agents can be restricted by provider. To learn more about the pre-/post action settings, refer to the Global Agent Options and Companies chapters
- View the plan summary, and finish the Backup Wizard.