2FA with MSP Admin (iOS)
Install MSP Admin
To install the MSP Admin application, proceed as follows:
- In the App Store, find the MSP Admin.
- Tap download button.
- As the installation completes, tap Open.
| Top |
You can log in using two options:
- Provide the email address and password you use to authenticate in Managed Backup
- Enable push notifications
- Enable MSP Admin (MSP Control) to send you notifications
- Enable access to the camera
- Scan the QR code (it is shown in the Management Console)
| Top |
Confirm 2FA Actions
If you use the MSP Admin application for 2FA purposes, the notifications on the events on Managed Backup will appear on the screen of the device on which the application is installed. To confirm or reject the action, unlock the device.
Open MSP Admin, then in notification select whether to confirm the action or decline it. You can view history of confirmed or declined requests on Notifications.
As you confirm the action, the mobile application sends a confirmation to the Management Console, and the action is allowed for execution. If no confirmation arrives, the rejection message is sent to the Management Console and is written to the Audit Log.
| Top |
Add New Device
You can several devices in the device list for notification purposes (for 2FA confirmations, only one device is allowed). To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Settings menu, select General.
- In the right pane, find the device list. As you enable 2FA for the first time, it is empty.
- Click Add New Device.
- Proceed with adding your device with the installed MSP Control as described in the Add New Device dialog.
- Open the MSP Admin, proceed with automatic authentication or scan the QR code.
- Confirm the action with the device you use for 2FA confirmations.
If you use more than one device for 2FA purposes, refer to the Manage Devices chapter
| Top |
Configure the application settings. To do this, proceed as follows:
Open MSP Admin (MSP Control icon).
Tap the Settings icon.
Configure / edit the application settings:
- Authenticate wia Face ID. Enable it if your device supports Face ID authentication and you want to use it
- Notification mode. In this group, you can specify the category of notifications you want to receive (2FA confirmation requests arrive regardless of this setting)
- Scan QR Code. Use this option to authenticate with QR code scanning
- Send Feedback. In case of inquiries or issues, this option helps you to send an email with the description of the problem. Expand it to enable logs and configure the log level (by default logs are enabled with Error level). Use Send Feedback option to send the email with attached logs.
- Logs. If you experience some difficulties with the application, you can open the logs to figure out the issue and fix it. Logs can be sent by email, if enabled, downloaded or cleared with Remove Logs option
| Top |