File Backup in Backup Agent for Linux (legacy backup format)
- Click the clockwise arrow to start the Backup Wizard.
- On the Cloud Storage step select the target storage to back up.
- On the Plan name step, name the plan. Select the Use block level backup option to apply the block-level backup for incremental runs. To keep the plan configuration on backup storage (recommended), select the appropriate check box.
- Select files and directories to back up.
- On the Advanced Filter step, specify the list of file types to back up or file types to exclude from backup.
- Specify compression and encryption options, and cloud-specific options (if applicable).
- Specify the retention policy: retention policy is a set of rules for data purging from backup storage. The purging is automatic and is performed at the end of the backup plan. The last successful restore point is not a subject of retention policy.
- Specify the schedule for the backup plan execution.
Note that the block-level feature applies to files with a size of more than 1 MB due to block size limitations
- Complete the Wizard.
As of Management Console version 5.0, pre- or post- actions for Backup Agents can be restricted by provider. To learn more about the pre-/post action settings, refer to the Global Agent Options and Companies chapters