Change Backup Agent Editions
MSP360 Managed Backup offers different editions of Backup Agent on a license basis. Different editions provide different functionality. When you initially download the software via the Management Console, it prompts you to authenticate and select the required edition. Furthermore, if you want to try another edition, you can do that in just a few clicks provided that you have the required license to do that.
Backup Agent Editions
View the differences to select the required edition on the Backup Agent Editions page.
Change Edition in Management Console
To change the current edition to a different one, proceed as follows:
- Open Management Console.
- On Computers select Remote Management if you use legacy main menu, or open Backup > Computers page in the new main menu.
- Find the required instance, then expand actions.
- Select Edit, then Edit Account
- Select the required edition in the Edition drop-down list.
Change Edition in Backup Agent
To change the edition, proceed as follows:
- Run Backup Agent.
- Open the application menu.
- Click Licensing, then select Change Edition.
- In the Product Edition drop-down menu, select the new Backup Agent edition.
- Once you are done, click OK. Backup Agent will be restarted with as the new edition.