MSP Control Mobile App (Android)
MSP Control is a mobile application designed to manage backup and restore routines without accessing Management Console straight from your mobile device.
- MSP Control key features
- Install MSP Control
- Log In
- View computers
- 2FA actions
- Application settings
MSP Control for Android key features are:
- Remote monitoring of users' computers
- Remote backup/restore plan execution
- Enhanced 2FA management
- Receiving push notifications for alerts and events if enabled
| Top |
Install MSP Control
To install the MSP Control application, proceed as follows:
- In the Google Play, find the MSP Control (for Android).
- Tap Install.
- Android installs the application automatically. As the installation completes, tap Open.
| Top |
You can log in using two options:
- Provide the email address and password you use to authenticate in Managed Backup
- Scan the QR code (it is shown in the Management Console)
| Top |
View the event notifications in your MSP Control application.
To view notifications, tap the bell icon in the application.
To get the details of the event, tap it.
You can perform some basic actions with your users' computers.
To manage computers and their backup/restore routines, tap the computer icon in the application.
Users' computers are grouped by company. Find the required company in the list, then find the computer to view and manage.
You can view the computer's backup and restore history (failed and successful plans are displayed with different colors). To view the plan details, tap it: the expanded page contains comprehensive information on the plan.
For example, the detailed plan information on file backup contains the following data:
- Plan status
- Plan type
- Storage account
- Last run
- Plan duration
- Last result (message if error or warning)
- Number of files backed up
- Number of failed files
- Number of copied files
- Copied size
- Backup size
- Total size
- Date and time of the next plan start
With MSP Control, you can run the backup/restore plan on the user's computer at any time. Tap the computer icon, find the required computer, then find the required plan in the list, then tap the play icon.
The plan results appear in the Notifications section as the plan is completed.
View Computer State
You can check the health of the computer. To do this, find the required computer, tap it, then tap the Advanced tab.
| Top |
Manage 2FA Actions
If you use the MSP Control application for 2FA purposes, the notifications on the events on Managed Backup will appear on the screen of the device on which the application is installed. To confirm or reject the action, unlock the device.
Open MSP Control, tap the bell icon, find the required notification, then select whether to approve the action or reject it.
As you confirm the action, the mobile application sends a confirmation to the Management Console, and the action is allowed for execution. If no confirmation arrives, the rejection message is sent to the Management Console and is written to the Audit Log.
| Top |
Add New 2FA Device
You can several devices in the device list for notification purposes (for 2FA confirmations, only one device is allowed). To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Settings menu, select General.
- In the right pane, find the device list. As you enable 2FA for the first time, it is empty.
- Click Add New Device.
- Proceed with adding your device with the installed MSP Control as described in the Add New Device dialog.
- Open the MSP Control, proceed with automatic authentication, or scan the QR code.
- Confirm the action with the device you use for 2FA confirmations.
If you use more than one device for 2FA purposes, refer to the Manage Devices chapter
| Top |
Configure the application settings. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open MSP Control.
- Tap the gear icon.
- Configure the application settings:
- Biometric authetntication. Enable it if your device supports fingerprint authentication and you use it
- Notification mode. In this group, you can specify the category of notifications you want to receive (2FA confirmation requests arrive regardless of this setting)
- Keep logged in. Enable this option to keep the application logged in on a constant basis. Keep in mind that for some security purposes, it can be dangerous
- Scan QR Code. Use this option to authenticate with QR code scanning
- Send feedback. In case of inquiries or issues, tap this option to send an email with the description of the problem
- Send logs. If you experience some difficulties with the application, send us the application logs to figure out the issue and fix it. Logs are sent by email
| Top |