Add Backup Storage in Google Cloud via Service Account
Google Cloud Storage allows you to use service accounts to authenticate your application. Service account credentials include an unique email address, a client ID, and at least one public-private key pair.
This chapter covers the following topics:
Create Service Account
To create a service account, proceed as follows:
- Log onto the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- In the navigation drawer, select API & Services.
- Select Credentials.
- Click Create credentials, then select Service account.
- Follow the service account wizard steps, fill all required data, assign roles, grant access to required users. Click Done.
- The service account information appears in the Service Accounts group of the Credentials section.
- Select the required service account to download a key, then click Edit.
- Switch to the Keys tab.
- Click Add Keys, then select Create new key.
- In the Create private key for account dialog box, select the P12 option.
- Download the private key and write down the displayed password to a safe place.
Add Google Cloud as Backup Storage
To add a Google Cloud storage in the Management Console, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Storage menu, select Storage Accounts.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Google Cloud and fill the required fields.
- Display name. The name of the storage is displayed on the Storage Accounts tab. Users will not see the display name
- Service Account Email. The service account email appears on the Details tab of the service account menu
- Binary key. The P12 key that was downloaded on the step 10 of the Create Service Account paragraph
- Project ID. To find it, select the required project in the upper horizontal bar, then copy it from the ID column
- Click Next.
- Create backup destination: select the required region, storage class, and location.
- By default, a new bucket is created. To select an existing bucket, click Show advanced settings, then select the existing bucket.
- Click Next.
- Assign the destination to required companies. Click Next.
- Review the storage account settings, then click Save.