Managed Backup is distributed on a per-instance basis. In other words, each instance must be assigned a license to be able to perform backups. If your network consists of multiple computers, each computer requires a separate license.
Licenses can be purchased in bulk and thereby shape a global pool or they can be purchased in separate transactions that can be matched with particular companies.
Refer to the chapters below for step-by-step instructions:
Manage and Purchase Licenses
If you already have trial or commercial licenses, please check their expire dates / renewal status to identify the required license quantity.. To check and purchase licenses, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Organization menu, select the Licenses item.
- Use search box or filters above the grid to select required license category. The following filters are available:
- Company: displays the licenses used for selected company. Click All to clear the filter.
- Commercial/Trial: specifies whether the trial or commercial licenses will be displayed. Click the required category to filter the licenses.
- All/Valid/Expired: specifies whether the valid or expired licenses will be displayed. Click All to clear the filter.
- All/Used/Unused (applicable to commercial licenses): specifies whether the licenses assigned or not assigned to specific computer or domain will be displayed. Click All to clear the filter.
- All/Auto-Renew Only: specifies whether all or the licenses with enabled Auto-Renew will be displayed
- In case specific license type contains more than one license, it should be expanded to display the license list.
- Identify the required licenses, specify the required quantity, then click Buy New Licenses
- Select the required license type, specify the required quantity, then click Buy and proceed to payment. You can also add Premium Support and/or Onboarding service to keep your service organized.
Note: If you have not already requested a specific trial or commercial license type, the following status will be reported: "You have not purchased licenses of this type".
Note: you are enabled to select the payment mode (Monthly or Annual) within the first purchase only
Note: The macOS & Linux requires a Desktop/Server license