Delete Backup Data via Azure Lifecycles
You can delete your backup data in Microsoft Azure storage using the lifecycle mechanism. The lifecycle deletion solution is much more efficient and faster than deleting backup data from Azure storage item by item.
Note that the lifecycle management is supported for the following storage account types only:
- Standard general-purpose v2
- Premium block blobs
Read more about Azure lifecycle management in the Optimize costs by automatically managing the data lifecycle chapter at docs.microsoft.com
To use the Azure lifecycle management for backup data deletion, you need to provide Azure Active Directory credentials:
- Tenant ID
- Subscription type
Provide Azure AD Credentials
To set up the Azure Active Directory credentials, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Storage menu, select Storage Accounts.
- Find the required Azure storage account, then click the gear icon.
- Select Setup AD Credentials.
- In the Setup AD Credentials dialog box, specify the Tenant ID.
- Click Sign In.
- Select the required tenant.
- Select the required subscription.
- Once you are done, click Save.