Delete Backup Data via Azure Lifecycles
You can delete your backup data in Microsoft Azure storage using the lifecycle mechanism. The lifecycle deleting solution is way more efficient and faster compared to deleting backup data on Azure storage by elements.
Read more about Azure lifecycle management in the Optimize costs by automatically managing the data lifecycle chapter at docs.microsoft.com
To use the Azure lifecycle management for backup data deletion, you need to provide extra credentials such as Azure Active Directory:
- Tenant ID
- Subscription type
To Provide the Azure AD Credentials
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Storage menu, select Storage Accounts.
- Find the required Azure storage account, then click the gear icon.
- Select Setup AD Credentials.
- In the Setup AD Credentials dialog box, specify the Tenant ID.
- Click Sign In.
- Once you are done, click Save.
Note that if Azure AD credentials are not provided, the following error occurs on deletion attempts: