Starting Free Trial
This chapter describes the first steps for Managed Backup beginners. Read this to get your first impression on how it works:
- Sign Up for Managed Backup
- Download Backup Agent
- Create Company
- Create User
- Create First File Backup
Sign Up for Managed Backup
- Open the MSP360 website.
- On a title page, click Free Trial.
- Complete the signup form, read the service agreement, then select the appropriate check box.
- Click Free Trial.
Once you open the Management Console for the first time, you will be prompted to use the Getting Started wizard.
In collaboration with Wasabi, MSP360 provides you with 2 TB of trial storage for 30 days for testing purposes. You will be able to add your storage account later or continue to use this storage account for an additional fee.
Download Backup Agent
- Once you click Continue, you will be prompted to download the MSP360 Backup Agent for Windows.
- Click Download but do not install the application immediately. You can do it later.
- Click Finish.
Create a company and assign the backup destination to it. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Organization menu, select Companies, then click Add Company.
- Enter the company name, then click Create.
- Select your company in the grid and select Edit
- Switch to the Backup Destinations tab, then click Add Backup Destination.
- In the Add Destination* dialog box, select the MSP360 Bucket, then click Add. Now all users assigned to the company you just created will back up their data to the specified bucket.
Once a company is created and the backup destination is assigned, create a user. To create a new user, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Organizations menu, select Users. You will see that one user account already exists with the email address used for your signup. It is not recommended to use this user for backup purposes. Instead, click Create User.
- Fill in the form and assign the company that you created on the Create Company step.
- Once you are done, click Save.
Now you are ready to install the Backup Agent and create your first backup.
Create First File Backup
Install the previously downloaded Backup Agent:
- In the Management Console, click the Downloads tab.
- Find the required Backup Agent edition, then click the download icon.
- Follows the installation wizard steps.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the Management Console to assign a user to the given computer. In the RMM menu, select the Remote Management. The computer name with the Backup Agent installed is displayed in the grid.
- Click Add user account to associate the computer with the user you just created.
In the Edit Account dialog box, select the created user, then click Save.
Once you are done, select the computer, click backup plan icon to create your first backup plan. In the right pane, click +, then select Files.
- On Where to Backup step of backup plan wizard, select MSP360 trial storage destination. Click Next.
- On the What to Backup step, select a couple of files for testing purposes.
Follow the backup wizard steps by clicking Next. Then click Save.
Once you create the backup plan, it is displayed in the Plans tab on the right pane.
- To run the backup plan now, click the play button.
Your first backup plan in MSP360 Managed Backup has been started.