Add Another Computer for File Backup
This chapter describes first steps of Managed Backup beginners. Read this to create your first image-based backup on another computer:
- Sign Into Management Console.
- Configure Email Service.
- Create User.
- Download Backup Agent to Another Computer.
- Assign Created User to Another Computer.
- Create First File Backup.
1. Log in to Management Console
As you signed up for a free trial, check your inbox for an email message with instructions on how to log in to Management Console. This email has the You’ve signed up for MSP360 Managed Backup subject and contains your initial password.
Click the https://console.msp360.com/ link in the email to access the Management Console.
2. Configure Email Service
Configure the Email Service. In Management Console, navigate to Settings > Email Service to specify an email address your end users receive notifications from and select the email service. This step is mandatory.
Verify the email address and click Save Changes.
3. Create User
To create a user, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the Organization menu, select Users. The user account (provider account) already exists with the email address used during the signup. It is not recommended to use this user for backup purposes. Instead, click Create User.
- Fill in the form, in the Public builds that should be included to email group, select the required Backup Agent builds. You can assign the new user to the company (read about company creation in the Create Company paragraph), or create a new company with another backup destination, if necessary.
- Once you are done, click Save.
Now you are ready to install the Backup Agent and create a backup plan on another computer.
4. Download Backup Agent to Another Computer
The Backup Agent download link is sent to the new user automatically in the initial email message.
Ask this user to install Backup Agent to their computer according to instructions in this email or do it on their behalf.
Backup Agent must be installed in the default location. After the Backup Agent is installed on the computer and the user authenticates, this computer appears in the Computers > Remote Management if you use legacy main menu, or on Backup > Computers page in the new main menu.
5. Assign Created User to Another Computer
In the Computers > Remote Management grid if you use legacy main menu, or on Backup > Computers page in the new main menu, find the computer. In the Company & User Account column, click Add User Account.
In the dialog, select user and Backup Agent edition from the list of available.
Assign the backup destination, then click Save.
As you are done, proceed to create a new file backup.