The repository is a database that contains information about the backed up data, including operations that have been performed with the data and auxiliary information. The repository is used to track the backed up data and ensure that the backup service will not upload objects that are already in backup storage. Repository usage significantly reduces the number of requests sent to backup storage and decreases storage bills in case backup data is kept in cloud storage.
The unsynchronized repository may be the reason for the absence of some backed up objects in the tree when viewing backup contents.
Note that repository synchronization may take up to several hours, so it is not recommended to perform synchronization unless it is necessary
Synchronize Repository in Management Console
To synchronize the repository in Management Console, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- In the RMM menu, select Remote Management.
- Find the required computer, then click the gear icon (Options).
- In the drop-down menu, select Edit, then select Edit Options.
- Find the Repository bar, expand it, then click Synchronize Repository.
- Select the storage account to synchronize, then click Synchronize Now.
- Once the synchronization is completed, click Save.
Note that it is possible to schedule the repository synchronization before every backup plan run. To learn how to enable this option, refer to the Pre / Post actions paragraph of the
Synchronize Repository in Backup Agent
To synchronize repository in Backup Agent, proceed as follows:
- In Backup Agent, select Tools.
- Click the Options icon.
- In the Options property box, switch to Repository tab.
Click Synchronize Repository.
Select the storage account to synchronize
- Click Synchronize Now.
- Once the synchronization is completed, click Close.