Sign Up for Amazon S3
Managed Backup service allows using Amazon Web Services account. Service providers can attach their AWS accounts to MBS and back up their customers’ data to Amazon S3 storage. To start using Amazon S3 with Managed Backup service you should create an Amazon account, sign up for S3 service and then connect MBS with your AWS account.
With this article you will be able to find out:
- How to Create Amazon Account
- How to Find Out AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
- How to add Amazon S3 account in Managed Backup
Create an Amazon Account
Note: AWS China (Beijing) region usage requires a separate set of account credentials unique to the China (Beijing) Region. This means that you need to create a separate Amazon S3 (China) Account or Amazon Glacier (China) Account (different from global AWS account) for using MBS with Beijing Region. For creating China account and getting more information refer to Announcing the AWS China (Beijing) Region article on Amazon website.
Go to Amazon Web Services site.
Click on the "Sign Up" button on the top of the screen.
- Specify your email and click on the "Sign in using our secure server" button.
- Specify your name, email, password and click "Continue".
- Fill the form with your details, check the AWS Customer Agreement box and click on the "Create Account and Continue" button.
- Specify your credit card details and billing address. Click "Continue".
- On the Identity Verification step, specify your actual phone number and click "Call Me Now". You will receive a call and will be asked to enter a pin-code displayed on your monitor.
- As soon as you finish this stage you’ll be forwarded to the last step with email verification. You will receive a message from Amazon with the link, just follow the link and your AWS account will be activated. Now you need to sign up for Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).
AWS redirects you to the greetings page. To sign up for S3 you will need to take a few simple steps:
Click on the Amazon Simple Storage Service link on the list.
Click on the "Sign up For This Web Service" button.
Now you are signed up for S3 and can use Amazon Simple Storage Service with MBS. To connect MBS with your AWS account you will need to specify your AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key in the MBS Control Panel.
AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
Go to Amazon Web Services console and click on the name of your account (it is located in the top right corner of the console). Then, in the expanded drop-down list, click Security Credentials.
Click Security Credentials.
Expand the Access Keys (Access Key ID and Secret Access Key) option. You will see the list of your active and deleted access keys.
Note:You cannot retrieve the existing secret key. You can see the secret key only once immediately after creating. So, in order to get a secret key, you will need to create a new one.
To generate new access keys, click Create New Access Key.
Click Show Access Key to have it displayed on the screen. Note, that you can download it to your machine as a file and open it whenever needed. To download it, just click Download Key File.
Attention! If you do not write down the key or download the key file to your computer before you press "Close" or "Cancel" you will not be able to retrieve the secret key in future. Then you will have to delete the keys which you created and start to create new keys.
Now that you've signed up for Amazon S3, proceed to add your S3 account to MBS Management Console via the so-called IAM roles. Feel free to read our article that explains the matter at length.
Add Amazon S3 Account in Managed Backup
Learn how to add storage account into Managed Backup Service here.
You can add Amazon S3 account by using: