Auto-Activate New Users
Office 365 / G Suite Backup allows you to enable the automatic activation for new users and Office 365 Groups added to the domains included in your backup project. Activated user will appear in the grid on the Users and a trial license for 15 days will be automatically assigned to the user. After the trial license expires, an available Backup license will be assigned to the user. If there are no available Backup licenses, the user remains in the list but is excluded from the backup project.
By default, the autoactivation for new users is disabled. You can enable and then configure the autoactivation as follows:
- Activate all new users added to the domain
- Activate all new users added to existing groups only
- Activate all new users added to specific existing groups only
To activate all new users added to the domain:
- Open Office 365 / G Suite Backup Dashboard.
- On Users click the Group Actions button, then turn Auto-activate new users on if this feature is not already enabled. In case the autoactivation is already enabled, check how it is configured.
Autoactivation is enabled. Now all users added to the domain will be activated automatically. You can disable the autoactivation or change its scope, if necessary, as described below.
To activate new users added specific existing groups only:
- Open the Office 365 / G Suite Backup Dashboard.
- On Users click the Group Actions button, then enable Auto-activate new users.
Now only users added to the Office 365 Groups that already exist in the backup project will be activated automatically. Note that this setting disables autoactivation for new Office 365 Groups members added to the backup project. You can enable the autoactivation for these new groups later, or disable the autoactivation, if necessary, as described below.
To enable auto-activation for specific groups:
Open Office 365 / G Suite Backup Dashboard.
On Users click the Group Actions button and turn Auto-activate new users on.
On Users, click the Group Actions button, then select User Groups.
Turn Auto-activate new groups off.
For every group you intend to enable the autoactivation:
- Find the group you want in the Name column
You can use search to filter the groups by search expression. Type the search expression in the Enter Search Request box and click the search icon.
- Select the required group and turn on the autoactivation for the selected group in the Auto-activate new users in groups column
Now the autoactivation is enabled for new users added to the selected group only.
To check auto-activation configuration:
If autoactivation is enabled you can check how it is configured:
On Users click the Group Actions button and select User Groups.
Check whether Auto-activate new groups is turned on or off and in the group list check if auto-activation is turned on for any of the groups.
You can quickly turn off the autoactivation for all users and groups by disabling the autoactivation and then enable it again to create the required configuration
To disable auto-activation:
Open Office 365 / G Suite Backup Dashboard
On Users click the Group Actions button and turn Auto-activate new users off.
Now all users added to the domain will not be activated automatically. The autoactivation will be turned off for all groups on the User Groups page.