This chapter covers the following topics:
- Add Users
- Manage Users
Add New Users To the Same Domain
To add new users to G Suite Backup
- Click Users
- Click the User button, then select Sync domain. Users will be added automatically.
To manage users of your domains or separate users, included in G Suite Backup, select Users in horizontal menu bar.
All users are listed in the table. Headers are active table elements which allow you to sort lists according to specified criteria.
The table contains the following data:
- User/Email. User displayed names and email addresses
- Last backup. Date and time of last backup
- Drive Size. User backups size on storage
- Backup License. Backup license status for user. The following statuses are available:
- Assigned. This status means that the license is assigned to the user and is active. This status is painted green
- Not available. This status means that license is either deleted or expired. To learn more about licenses, refer to the Licensing chapter
- Inactive. This status means that backup service is switched off for current user.
Use the filters above the grid to filter the displayed user list. The following filters are available:
- Included in Backup
- Not In Backup
- With Backup But Not in Domain
- Blocked/ Suspended
Users table contains a set of controls which can be used to manage settings. Learn table icons and their meaning.
|Mail backup settings for selected user|
|Google Drive backup settings for selected user|
|Contacts backup settings for selected user|
|Google Calendar backup settings for selected user|
To enable multiple users, select required users to turn on enabled status for these users/groups (main selector). The Office 365 / G Suite trial licenses will be assigned for these users. Trial licenses expire in 15 days. After the trial licenses expiration, the commercial licenses will be assigned to these users, if available.
Configure Backup Options
To configure backup options for one user, select it, then click Configure Backup.
To configure backup options for multiple users, select required users to apply backup configuration to them. Once you selected required users, then click Configure Backup.
In the pane to the right, enable or disable backup for G Suite services: Mail, Google Drive, Contacts, and Google Calendar.
Once you are done, click Save.
Configure User Permissions
To configure user permissions for one user, select the required user, then click Permissions.
To configure permissions for multiple users, select required users to apply permission configuration to them. Once you selected required users, click Configure Backup.
The following permissions are available:
- Sign In. Enable this option to allow users (except G Suite administrator which is granted with this permission by default) to sign in to console and view their settings
- Restore. Enable this option to allow selected users to restore data from the backup content.
Once you are done, click Save.
To create and assign a retention policy for users, refer to the Retention Policy chapter.
Delete Backup Contents
To delete select the required user, then click Delete Backup.
- In the right pane, select G Suite services to be deleted from backup contents.
- Specify the alternate email password.
- Click Delete.
Note that data deletion is not available without providing an alternate email password