Back up Google Mail
Getting Started with Google Mail Backup
To enable Mail backup, click Configure Backup on the dashboard and turn on Mail backup services. Select Apply to enabled users to create Mail backup for all enabled users. To run the initial backup, click Save. You can monitor the backup task processing using Task Manager Once the initial backup is completed, you can view a grid of the backed up content. Start to type the mail folder name in the folder box to search for the required folder on the fly.
You can use a search box to search for a required Google Mail object. Expand the search box to configure the search expression, then click search icon
Mail Backup Options
Click the Options button to access archive or backup options. On Backup Options specify backup job rules.
These rules will be applied to the backup job for selected user. To apply these criteria to backup job for all domain users, select the Apply To All Domain Users check box.
Once you are done with configuring, get back to the Mail page to start a backup job.
Backup & Restore Google Mail
To backup or restore Google Mail objects (messages, attachments, etc.), select Mail in the horizontal menu bar. If enabled, Google Mail backup jobs are scheduled to start automatically twice a day for objects included in the backup. To run an immediate backup job of all Google Mail objects click Backup Now. To view the progress of the created backup job, open the Task Manager.
The following actions are available:
- Restore All to run a restore job of all backed up Google Mail objects to the original location
- Backup Now to run an immediate backup job of Google Mail objects included in backup according to backup options
- Restore Selected Folder (selected folder only) to restore the selected mail folder to the original location
- Restore Selected Folder to (selected folder only) to restore the selected mail folder to the same folder of this user's mailbox.
- Delete Selected Folder (selected folder only) to delete the selected mail folder
- Restore (after the object(s) are selected) to run an item-level restore of the selected Google Mail object to the original location
- Restore To... (after the object(s) are selected) to run an item-level restore of the selected Google Mail object to the Restore folder of this user's mailbox
- Delete (after the object(s) are selected) to delete the selected Google Mail object
Note that you must provide target mailbox credentials to restore to a specific location