RMM offers a functionality that allows keeping and executing scripts on customers' computers: with RMM Agent in management mode and 2FA, you can run scripts using built-in scripts or upload your own ones.
Open Script Library
To access the script library, proceed as follows:
- Open the Management Console.
- With the new main menu click Computers > RMM Script Library
Note that PowerShell scripts are run by the 'System' account
The following script categories are available:
- General. This script group offers the basic functionality
- MSP360PSModule. This script group is designed to assist in working with the built-in PowerShell module
As a provider, you can add as many of your own categories as you need.
Also, scripts in the library are divided by the access level. The following access levels are available:
- Common. These scripts are built-in, visible to everyone, and their access level cannot be edited
- Public. Scripts with this access level can be created by a provider and administrator with privileges to access all companies. The Public scripts are visible for all administrators of all companies
- Private. Scripts with this access level can be created by a provider and administrator with privileges to access all companies. The Private scripts are visible to the administrator who owned this script only.
Add New Script
To add a new script to the script library, proceed as follows: To access the script library, proceed as follows:
- Open script library as described above.
- Click Add Script.
- In the dialog box, name the script, select the scrypt type,provide a description, and set the category.
- Type script on Script Code tab or upload a script file on Upload File tab.
- Click Add Script.
You can view, edit and delete scripts on the script library page. To view script information, click the script name in the left column. To edit a script, click the 'pen' icon in the row of the script. To delete a script, click the trash bin icon in the row of the script, then confirm the deletion. You can edit or delete added scripts, if necessary. Predefined scripts cannot be changed or deleted.