The RMM Service is a solution that provides an enhanced monitoring and alerting service for customer IT infrastructure along with advanced management tools. This feature requires licensing. An RMM Agent should be installed on every instance that is a subject of management/monitoring.
Generally, all RMM Service features can be divided into three modes:
- Monitoring mode. View the list of the monitoring features:
- Management mode. View the list of the management features:
- RMM Alerting
RMM Service key features are:
- Monitoring and management tools:
- IT infrastructure monitoring and assessment
- Starting or stopping services, processes, Hyper-V virtual machines on remote computers
- PowerShell script execution and interruption on remote computers
- Remote registry editing
- Software updates on remote computers and software uninstallation
- Data management on remote computers
- Alerting services. Available alerts list:
- CPU Usage
- Memory Usage
- Used Disk Space
- Windows Updates
- Incorrect system time
- S.M.A.R.T issues
- Server if offline
- Group operations for remote computers (PowerShell script run)
- Asynchronous processing
- Automatic reconnecting on timeouts
- HTTPS, encryption, and 2FA support
RMM Service Licensing
The RMM service requires a RMM + Remote Desktop license for every administrative account that uses the RMM service and/or Remote Desktop.
Remote Desktop licenses already granted can be released. If you do not intend to continue using these licenses, disable the Auto-Renew for these licenses on the Organization > Licenses page. The provider is granted access to RMM Service by default, but if you plan to delegate managing permission of RMM Service to one of the administrators, grant the Remote Management permission to this administrator.
This license comes with a 15-day free trial
RMM Service Installation
The RMM Agent is a software instance that must be installed on every remote computer that is a subject of monitoring or management. For more information, refer to the Install RMM Service section.