Connect to Computers
- In the Management Console, select Computers.
- Select Remote Management.
- In the list of computers, find the required one, then click the plug icon.
Alternatively, you can establish connection using the Settings menu. To do this, click the Gear icon, select Connect..., and than select Join with Connect
If unattended access is allowed on the remote computer and another user is not working on the remote computer, wait until the connection is established. If Use Custom Password option is selected, you will be prompted to enter the custom password. Now you can copy and paste the password to the Password field. Then you will be prompted to enter the Windows Logon credentials.
If another user is already working on the remote computer, select one of the options:
- Connect using Windows logon credentials. The remote user session will be terminated.
- Join an active Windows session. The remote user will be prompted to allow the connection. The following approval options can be configured in Options > Incoming Connections with Join Windows session approval method:
- PIN. You will be prompted to enter the received PIN code to connect
- Dialog. Connection can be established without PIN if the connection is approved by the remote user
- Dialog and PIN. You will be prompted to enter the received PIN code to connect if the connection is approved by the remote user
In case the remote user allows you join this active session, depending on the selected approval method you will receive the PIN code as a confirmation to use it for connection or will be joined without PIN. In case the remote user does not make any action, the connection will be declined by timeout.
Remote desktop connection with Connect cannot be established if incoming connections are disabled on the remote computer. If this is the case, prompt the remote user to clear Prevent Incoming Connection check box on Options > Incoming Connections > Security.